Topics Covered in TR-2:
- Basic TR-2 as student and coach/pc
- The auditor showing he has heard and understood what was said
- Ending the cycle of communication
- Most important aspect is seeing that the ack has been received
- Understanding what pc said: "What did I just say?"
- Not just using "Good", "Fine", "OK", "Thank you"
- Appropriate acks
- Premature Acknowledgements and Double Acknowledgements
Section 4: Coach | Student
- Expressing mood with an ack
- No inval/eval allowed in an ack
- When is it okay to NOT get what the pc says?
- Answering a question where a mere ack is inappropriate
- All the above, including Sections 1-3
TR-2 as Student: Section 1
Page 1 of 3: Drills 1, 2
Here you will be making and reviewing short recordings of your voice. Refer back to the instructions page if you need to. It is a waste of time to try and do this drill here without a microphone.
- You are going to be giving an acknowledgement in such as way as it does NOT end the communication cycle.
- Click on "TR-2: Start" and hear the coach start the drill. Close that start window.
- Play Drill 1. The pc will say, "Stop this moment I tell you".
- Start recording. Give an "acknowledgement" that in no way ends the cycle of communication. Maybe say, "Yeah, yeah, ask me later".
- Close out the movie for Drill 1.
- Listen to the recording you just made. Then, under "My student/auditor actions", click the option that most closely describes what you just heard. Namely, "I continued the comm cycle".
- Note the coaching response, "Flunk! It didn't end the cycle. Start!" Close out the open movie/window.
- That was Drill 1. Play Drill 2. The pc will again say, "Stop this moment I tell you".
- Start recording. Again, give an "acknowledgement" that doesn't in the least end the cycle of communication. Maybe "Yes dear" in a very insincere manner that no-one would believe.
- Listen to the recording you just made. Under "My student/auditor actions", click the option that most closely describes what you just heard. Here, "I continued the comm cycle".
- Note the coaching flunk. Close out the movie/window for Drill 2.
Things to Click:
Drill 1 |
My student/auditor actions:
I continued the comm cycle
I ended the comm cycle
Back: TR-2 Coach/Pc Drill 3
Next: TR-2 Student Drills 3, 4
TRs 0-4 instructions