Topics Covered in TR-2 1/2:
- Basic TR-2 1/2 as student and coach/pc
- The auditor gently encouraging the pc to say more
- End the comm cycle or continue the comm cycle?
- When to use "Please continue" or "Go on, I'm listening" etc. and when to use "uh-huh" etc.
- Curbing excessive half-acks
Section 4: Coach | Student
- Comm lag: Is it okay to half-ack when pc is looking in his bank?
- All the above, including Sections 1-3
TR-2 1/2 as Student: Section 2
Page 1 of 1: Drill 1
Here you will be making and reviewing short recordings of your voice. Refer back to the instructions page if you need to. It is a waste of time to try and do this drill here without a microphone.
- Click on "TR-2 1/2: Start" and hear the coach start the drill. Close that start window.
- Play Item 01. The pc will say, "I think I must have been changed several times since then".
- Start recording. Give a half-ack, that encourages the pc to continue talking about the same topic.
- Close out the movie for Item 01, then listen to the recording you just made. Note to yourself whether it tends to continue the communication, or end the communciation.
- After listening to the recording you just made, click the option under "My student/auditor actions" that best describes what you just heard in your recording, either "I gave an ack that ended cycle" or "I gave an ack that encouraged further communication.
- Note the "Good" or the "Flunk" of your student action. Close that movie.
- Handle the other items up to Item 20 in a similar manner.
- Do the above steps again if needed.
Things to Click:
TR-2 1/2: Start
My student/auditor actions:
I gave an ack that ended cycle
I gave an ack that continued the communication
Back: TR-2 1/2 Coach/Pc Drill 1
Next: TR-3 Coach Drill 1
TRs 0-4 instructions