Topics Covered in TR-2 1/2:
- Basic TR-2 1/2 as student and coach/pc
- The auditor gently encouraging the pc to say more
- Realistic drilling on TR-2 1/2
- When to use "Please continue" or "Go on, I'm listening" etc. and when to use "uh-huh" etc.
- Curbing excessive half-acks
Section 4: Coach | Student
- Comm lag: Is it okay to half-ack when pc is looking in his bank?
- All the above, including Sections 1-3
TR-2 1/2 as Coach/Pc: Section 1
Page 1 of 5: Example
Place a real doll or teddy bear or something in front of you to be a terminal you can say things to. Don't just talk out into open space and imagine someone or something there.
- Click on the example. Note:
- the coach saying
"TR2 1/2. Start!"
- the pc giving a line, "What a curious feeling".
- the student giving an ack that does not end cycle, but encourages the coach to continue: "uh-huh...?"
- the coach saying, "Good"
- the coach giving a line, "Which way?"
- the student giving a full response, that ends the comm cycle, "Up!"
- the coach saying "Flunk! That ended the cycle. Start!"
- the coach giving the same line, "Which way?"
- the student giving a half-ack in a way that continues the comm cycle, "Yeah...?"
- the coach saying, "Good".
- Listen to this a few more times if you need to.
- Close out that example.
Things to Click:
Back: TR-2 Student Drills 3-5
Next: TR-2 1/2 Coach/Pc Drill 1
TRs 0-4 instructions