Topics Covered in TR-1:
- Basic TR-1 as coach/pc and student
- Being yourself, not someone else
- More on making it your own, not the book's
- Not too loud, not too soft
- Not too fast, not too slow
- Speaking clearly
- Correct timing, got pc's attention
Section 4: Coach | Student
- Correct consideration
- Correct intention
- All of the above points, including Sections 1-3
TR-1 as Student: Section 1
Page 1 of 2: Drills 1-4
Here you will be making and reviewing short recordings of your voice. Refer back to the instructions page if you need to. It is a waste of time to try and do this drill here without a microphone.
- If needed, play around with the voice recorder until the novelty has worn off and you can get on with this drill properly.
- You are going to be saying the line, "What a curious feeling" in a very unnatural manner. You will be pretending to sound like anyone else except yourself.
- Click on "TR-1: Start" and hear the coach start the drill. Close that start window.
- Start recording. Say the line as someone else. Exaggerate. Do it as very much not yourself.
- Listen to the recording. Note to yourself that it does not sound like you, that it is not natural.
- Under "My student/auditor actions", click on the option that best describes what you just heard in your recording, here "It was unnatural, didn't sound like me".
- Hear the "Flunk". Note the flunk is because you didn't do the proper thing for TR-1, not because you didn't follow the instructions written here. Close the open movie/window.
- That was Drill 1. For Drills 2, 3 and 4, do the same thing, but be unnatural in different ways. Be different people. Be your mother. Be your father. Be your boss. Be some auditor you admire. Be anyone except yourself.
- Each time, listen to the new recording and click the option under "My student/auditor actions" that best describes what you heard on the recording you just did. Note to yourself each time that it does not sound like you, that it is not natural.
- Note the "Flunk" each time, and close any open window/movie.
Things to Click:
My student/auditor actions:
It was unnatural, didn't sound like me
It did sound like me
Back: TR-1 Coach/Pc Drill 4
Next: TR-1 Student Drill 5
TRs 0-4 instructions